If you need a business card in emergency but don’t have any graphics software, don’t worry; now you can make your own business card in Microsoft Word. It is very easy if you’ve already created the design in your mind. Even if you don’t have any idea, no problem; many templates in different styles are available. So, you can pick any one that suits well for your business.
Here are step by step instructions to create your own business card in Microsoft word. You can do that by following either of these two methods:
Method 1: Using a template:
- Go to File menu and select the new form template. Once you select this template, a new word document gallery window will open. In the search filed, type “business card” (It is located at the top right of the gallery window). It will display all the available local and online business card templates. Select the one that is suitable for your business.
- For older versions of Word, you can download that from Microsoft office online. Go here for a list of downloadable templates.
- You can customize the text, graphics and layout objects as per your wish. After that, edit the text and enter your own name, address, phone number email id and website address, etc. (Note : You have to do this for each card). For adding additional information, select the Text Box from the insert menu and use that.
- Once you make ready all your personal information, insert your logo (Right click on the existing logo element of your business card) and select the Change picture option. It will allow you to select an image on your hard drive.
- Next, resize the logo and make sure it fits within the given boundaries. Please be aware that you need to repeat this too on each of your business cards.
- Finally, once you are satisfied with your business card design, save and print the same.
- To print, you can either choose to print the whole sheet or one business card:
1. To print a single business card, go back to the labels dialog box (It is available in the Tools menu). Just click on Single Label under the Print menu.
2. To take a print of the whole sheet, go back to the Labels dialog box and click the Full Page in the Same label option.
Method 2: Designing from the Scratch:
- As usual, open a blank document and set up labels from tools menu by clicking on the Labels option.
- Again in the labels tab, click the Options button.
- After that, choose the label template. In the label product list, click A (very standard) and select the number such as 5372, 5373 from the product number. For better understanding see the given below image.
- Next, enter your full name and full address into the area labeled “Address”. You can give the font color and size along with that by setting the attributes inside the Label dialog.
- If you want to edit this text, select the desired text and right click on it and again select the option Font.
- Apart from the name and address, if you want to add any graphics, slogan or anything else, select insert pictures and text boxes.