The IT boom in India in the 90’s led to the emergence of IT services companies and BPO’s. Today’ the IT sector has significant contribution to the GDP of the country. There are various government initiatives which will drive the IT sector to further growth in future. One among them is ‘Digital India’ campaign.
Every year, Lakhs of IT engineers graduate from engineering colleges and everybody looks up to ‘Bangalore’ as the destination for their career. Bangalore is the IT hub of India and is regarded as the silicon valley of India. This sector is mainly prospering because of exports. There are many software development companies which export there products on a large scale. ‘Accenture’ is one of the leading software development company in Bangalore.
There are different ways of searching for right software development companies. The best method is to try searching on Google. It brings in front of you, thousands of companies in a single click of mouse. You can then visit the website of this companies and know more about their profile.
Second method is to post your requirement on specific freelancing sites or LinkedIn forums. There are many companies who bid on the projects. But this are mainly small software development companies which are mostly start-ups. Later on through exchanging mails and numbers one can get to know more about the capabilities of these companies.
Nowadays, everyone has at least one friend or relative who is working in IT. One can ask for reference of relevant person by speaking to his/her friends or relatives.
Through LinkedIn also one can connect with right individual who has relevant background. If it the relevant person is not directly connected then by paying a small amount one can get premium services of LinkedIn and then connect.
Post searching the vendors, there are different criteria like the timeline, budget etc. which needs to be finalized with the vendor. Those are specified below:
- Many software development companies work on specific projects. Some may work on small projects while others may work on big projects. All companies may not be providing software services such as user experience design and prototyping, designing software architecture and software testing. So based on particular needs of the project one can select the right vendor.
- Timeline should also be an important criteria while choosing the right vendor. If the software has to be launched at a short notice then many companies won’t be able to handle the requirement.
- Flexibility is another criteria to decide the right vendor. Many companies are not flexible in terms of working as per the requirement of the client. They have their own way of working. So that has to be finalized before finalizing the vendor.
- Most importantly, one should check whether the vendor culturally fits with the philosophy of the client. Then only, there will be passion and commitment for the project.
- Finally, Budget for the project has to be finalized and should be clearly communicated before shortlisting the vendor.
- Once the software is development then comes the maintenance part (not in all cases). Most of the companies do provide support in terms of maintenance after delivery.
If all the criteria can be met by the vendor, project can be executed.